Wednesday, January 9, 2008

my New Year's Resolution

***from my MySpace bulletin***

5-Factor Fitness!!!

So, I just got my membership is LA Fitness and I went and bought the book 5 Factor-Fitness!!! You know the eating and fitness plan Jessica Simpson uses?
Well I had to check it out for myself!!! This program is like a DREAM Come True!
After reading the book last night, I thought I'd share...
If your New Years Resolution is to get in shape like mine is...you just might want to check out what I'm about to tell you :)

How it works:
You eat 5 x a day to boost you metabolism & reduce body fat with one cheat day.
That means you get to eat what ever you want the Whole day, not just one food item that day, but what ever you want that day! The food you get to eat is not only good for you but beyond simple to make. For me that's a plus because I HATE to cook....I HATE it!!!
The recipes that 5 minutes to prepare and that's no joke!!!
Here's a Breakfast example:

Breakfast Burrito
4 egg whites
4 Yves Veggie Bacon Strips, diced
1 large flourless wrap (Ezekiel)
1/2 cup nonfat cheese
1 to 2 tablespoons salsa

Most of the recipes had only 5 ingredients
You can find most of these foods at Whole Foods and Central Market!
The Kroger by my house know has a "whole foods" section...they carry the flourless Ezekiel breads, which are Great btw!

You workout 5 x a week for only 25 minutes a day!!!
Yes, you heard me right...a Total of 25 for the day...even I believe i could stick to that type of regiment!
The way it works:

DAY ONE EXAMPLE~
*warm up 5 min with Cardio of your choice...for me, it the will be the treadmill
*Strength Training 10 min:
#1DB Chest Fly
15 reps
Rest: 90 secs
Repeat

#2 DB Tap Squat
15 reps
Rest: 90 secs
Repeat

Then your Core Workout (abs)
Upper Body Crunch
10 reps
Rest:30 secs
Repeat 2x

Then finish with just 5 more minutes of Cardio
Note-you can do up to 30 if you want

That's It!!! That's what your workout day looks like!!!
LOVE IT!!!

Also there is No Carb/Calorie Counting
No supplements or special foods to buy!

Though I will be taking vitamins, Tonalin CLA and Barlean's Essential Woman! http://www.barleans.com/essential.asp

I plan on starting Mon I/14 if you'd like to join me!!!

Here's to a Wonderful New Year!!!

♥Stevie

3 comments:

ThisOldHenHouse said...

just so happened to stumble upon your blog today, and wanted to say thanks! My new years resolution was also to get healthier and this really helped! I needed that motivation!

Pegasus Handmade Soaps said...

Your new years resolutions sounds great. I didn't make one because I never can stick to them. So I just decided since I got a very expensive treadmill for my birthday in Sept to just continue to use it (which I have) and try to eat right. I know you are suppose to eat 5 times a day but most of the time I don't feel like eating. Maybe it will help to eat more during the day even if is something small.

take care

SugarLoveHoney said...

I 'm glad you read this and found it motivating...you just never know what you could come across that could change something in your life!

I never feel like eating either...just diet coke and coffee ;)

btw...I start 1/21... ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails