Saturday, May 31, 2008

Stevie's Summer 2008

June 9th EtsyBloggers Team Blog Carnival!
I choose to write about my upcoming Summer! It looks to be a lot of Fun...
Yes, gas prices are sickening but living in Texas, there's plenty to do with out driving to far!
One of the staples of my Summer Time Fun, is going camping/tubing down the Guadalupe River In New Braunfels, Tx....ahhh the Beautiful Hill Country!

I've been going on these trips since I was 21 years old, though I've missed the last couple of years due to having babies ;), so I've been waiting for this road trip for ever and a day!!!

This year is going to be really neat because my oldest is now of age, where she can go down there with me and have a good time and my SO has never done anything like this-he's a newbie! As always it wouldn't be the same if my Best-ie didn't go...and we're rounding up some others to go this year too!

This is our ritual~When get get down there (we aways stay @ White Water Sports), we set up camp that evening, just eat, drink, hang out for awhile with other campers in the park and then off to bed. The next morning it's up bright and early. Maybe we cook breakfast or maybe we just decide to have breakfast at on of the local dives. Then it's off to get our stuff together, swimsuits on and go rent our tubes! Then it's time to get into the river and let me tell you, that water is freezing a** cold ;)!!!

The trips down the river run anywhere between 2 to 6 hours, depending on how adventurous you're feeling! This is were the FUN FUN FUN starts! Meeting new people, drinking, the rapids, lazy river time and lots of sun!

Once the trip down the river is over, you're shuttled back to your camp site. We hit the showers and get ready for dinner, and then Par-tay time! More hanging out, drinking, making s'mores and walking around the camp grounds, talking it up with folks!

The next day is about the same, though we my opt to do a raft instead!
We'll be going this 4th of July but since it falls on a Friday, we'll be leaving Thursday night & coming back Sunday!
If you've never been tubing before, you just don't know what you're missing ;)!!!
Happy Summer 2008
bummer, while writing this i found out that white water sports is no longer...they've been bought out and the land is a now a venue for music :(

6 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Now that is enjoying your summer..Looks like a wonderful time..
Have a great trip..

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

I LOVE camping! Looks like you will have a lot of fun

. said...

I share the annual events thing, such wonderful memories no matter how many years you do it, missing a year is missing a part of oneself.

LOVE rafting, camping, and fun w/friends and family.

storybeader said...

That sounded so fun - you're going to have to find another river to go down - or another spot. Bummer.

Nora said...

wow, looks like a lot of fun! I like going camping too with a huge group of people! I've never tried tubing before though!

SugarLoveHoney said...

Thanks Ladies...even though, "our" place is no longer available, there are plenty of others...i guess it just means time for "new" memories :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails